Thursday, January 12, 2017

Portland Japanese Garden

I've neglected my blog for a *whole* year!  (At least I've kept up blogging on my other page, Lively Exchanges.) Picking up where I left off would just take too long so I'll stick to recent events for now.

How about a trip to a garden?

Here are some shots from the Portland Japanese Garden (ポートランド日本庭園), taken on a visit there with a few friends in December. If you live in the area and haven't been there--or even if you have--make sure to get there. (And don't forget your camera!)




          
          
Having lived in Japan, it's also remarkable to see a true Japanese garden with all those Oregon firs in the background...
         






             
Construction taking place outside the garden entrance will be completed in the spring of this year, but the garden itself is open. Come see it in winter, and then head back in the spring...and summer, and autumn. :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Such a beautiful garden! I can't wait to see the finished results of this construction phase. Especially the new walk up the long hillside approach.

P.S. No photos of the very-warm gift shop? ;)